Monday, February 24, 2014

Speech Reflection

I feel like for this project, my main downfall was my preparation. I didn't create an exact script or practice a lot because I wanted to come across as natural as possible. I don't think a script was a necessary, but it would have been better to have practiced a few more times. I think the beginning was a little too choppy, but I smoothed it out as I went on. I also think I should have used a slightly higher pitch when speaking. It seemed slightly as though I was mumbling at some points (which I often do in normal conversation), but I think I could have avoided that with a clearer and higher tone. In regards to movement, I think I did pretty good being natural. I should work on not shifting my weight as much and not "pacing" quite as much. I think what I can do to fix that is to walk longer in a specific direction at a slower pace to avoid quick, repeated pace-like movement.
When it comes to information as a whole, I completely agree with the comment that I did not clarify enough what I wanted to do for the project. I think the main reason for this is I actually didn't think enough about what I specifically wanted the finished project to look like. I only had the general idea and was relying too much on having creative partners to bring ideas to the table. I think having this speech on video for reflection and future reference is a great idea. I will definitely use this tactic to my advantage for future speeches.

No comments:

Post a Comment