Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I really enjoyed watching this documentary. My favorite part about it was how clean it all was. The transitions were nice, the actual quality of the picture was fantastic, the sounds all blended well, and all of the shots were aesthetically pleasing. I thought the overall flow was nice and was easy to follow. I feel like there should have been a slightly heavier focus on the girl herself since the whole thing started and ended with her at the beauty pageant. Besides that small detail, I thought it was well organized. Another thing I really enjoyed about this documentary was the text. I loved how crisp it looked and the fact that it was there. I liked how it was sometimes on the slides in front of the shots, but to have emphasis was on a black slide. I think that added variety and impact in general.
If I were making a storyboard for this documentary, I would draw about eight different pictures. The first four I would draw the beauty pageant, a picture of the girl's family together (because of the many random shots taken around the house), and then two pictures with each of the parents because of their interviews. The next two I would draw Goose and Mindi's family because of the interviews they had, and then a picture of the explosion just to represent the change in focus. After that I would include pictures of the doctor's office, a picture of the general home of the girl, and then the final picture would be of the beauty pageant again. Overall, it was an enjoyable documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment